Monday, February 8, 2010

Skate Park



On Saturday, my fellow photographer Steve Esparza and I decided to hit the local skate park to test out some new equipment and play with HD video.





Steve recently purchased a Steadicam rig for his HD video studio, and this was a good excuse to give it some use. Of course, since we were there, I decided to take some stills as well. I think it's every photographer's fate to photograph skate boarders at some point in their life.





I managed to get a few ok shots, and while I was there I shot some HD video on my Canon 5D MkII while Steve was shooting with his FX-1. Eventually, we will probably merge the 2 video tracks together, but in the meantime, I did a quick rough edit of the footage I captured. Some of it is steadicam by Steve from when we slapped the 5D on his steadicam rig. Enjoy. (Click on the title to view on Vimeo.com in HD)





Thanks to all the kids and their parents for permission to shoot.



No comments: