Monday, April 6, 2009

Fall Out Boy @ Mesa Amp



I have to say... I like bands that put on a show. Do something different, ya know? Fall Out Boy brought a lot of cool lights and moving video screens... wore themed outfits... and put on a damn good show. The other thing I have to say is Mesa Amphitheater is an awesome venue! Not only for concert goers... but photographers alike.







The stage is large and WHITE... so there is naturally more 'light' to work with. Things are easier to see and work with. Fall Out Boy brought a lot of lights of their own. Moving lights... LEDs... video screens... etc... it was a lot of fun to shoot. I would have to say, it got better light-wise as the night went on... I wish I could have been up front for that.




This was another gig I got to cover for Spin Magazine... and it proved to be a lot of fun. Check out fellow New Times-er Niki D'Andrea's review with some of my pics on Spin.com.


No comments: