Tuesday, February 17, 2009

T.I. @ Celebrity Theatre



Celebrity Theatre is a cool venue. Being in-the-round, it always provides for some neat shots. Since at some points you can appear to be behind the band, or performer, you can show a lot from their point of view. I especially enjoy shots from behind the drummer, but there was not drummer tonight. Regardless, I did manage to get some cool shots.





I'm not familiar with T.I., so I can't give the most glowing review of his performance, but he did manage to get the crowd worked up. The place was packed, and as T.I. himself pointed out, there were more "ladies than ganstas". But he didn't let that bother him. He waived his gucci rag, and the crowd responded.

Lighting wise, it was a bit hit-and-miss at the start, but it was soon worked out. Since the crowd was so crazy, they left a lot of the house lights on so they could interact, while T.I. himself was constantly under a spot light. Basically, when working with a spot, I find you need to figure out the 'sweet spot' on the camera, and basically keep it there. There really aren't any adjustments you can make when a spot is involved, it's a pretty constant light source.

No comments: